After attending the SWMCCC Weekend of Photography, I purchased the 9th edition of Photoshop Elements. I had assumed there would be little difference between8 and 9, but I got caught again by assuming….
After spending most of the day trying to make the changes we were shown in the workshop, I ordered a manual. (Why does it always seem so simple when someone is leading you through the steps??)
As promised, I worked on one of the photos uploaded to my last post. The revision is certainly not perfect but interesting, don’t you think? Here’s what I did:
- Increased the saturation by 30% (but I’m not sure it came through on the final layer)
- Cropped a bit off the left and right sides of the frame
- Created the “out of bounds” effect (one of the new features of 9th ed.)
- Reviewed the histogram but decided my original was acceptable
- Corrected my frustration by adding a touch of pride (not in 9th ed.)!
What would you have done to improve the original?